Having talked with Wale after a show a few years back, I can assure you that he is a chill dude. But when he steps into the ring—that is, onto the stage—he becomes a ruthless villain. The Maybach mainstay’s latest single is a tribute to ex-WWE superstar Razor Ramon, also known as “the Bad Guy.” The grappler’s iconic entrance music serves as the backdrop for verses densely-packed with wrestling references and head-turning flows. Razor Ramon isn’t part of a larger set, but fans should keep it locked for further details on Wale’s currently-unscheduled full-length, The Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.