Having talked with Wale after a show a few years back, I can assure you that he is a chill dude. But when he steps into the ring—that is, onto the stage—he becomes a ruthless villain. The Maybach mainstay’s latest single is a tribute to ex-WWE superstar Razor Ramon, also known as “the Bad Guy.” The grappler’s iconic entrance music serves as the backdrop for verses densely-packed with wrestling references and head-turning flows. Razor Ramon isn’t part of a larger set, but fans should keep it locked for further details on Wale’s currently-unscheduled full-length, The Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 05/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.