Finally, a big-league remix of one of my favorite songs of 09-10. Wale keeps his fans’ Attention as he recruits remix king Fabolous and the mechanical dummy Chris Brown for a Best Kept Secret-produced remake of the D.C. rapper’s second single. I can’t say I’m mad at this one at all, especially when Fab is letting loose bars like a freed prisoner; i.e., “Last night I had so much free bubbly that I / let one suck me and she caught a DWI.” As for Chris Breezy, he does his new sing-song rap garble before hitting a few cool notes. Translation: if his name wasn’t so big, the song could’ve done without Mr. Brown. Oh and as for the star of this show, Wale? He is up to his usual wittiness, using the song to tell the ladies that he’s looking for someone who has “brain so good that she went and got a bachelor,” and can “make him do a Tiger Woods to come back for his masters.” That line alone makes this worth the listen.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.