Finally, a big-league remix of one of my favorite songs of 09-10. Wale keeps his fans’ Attention as he recruits remix king Fabolous and the mechanical dummy Chris Brown for a Best Kept Secret-produced remake of the D.C. rapper’s second single. I can’t say I’m mad at this one at all, especially when Fab is letting loose bars like a freed prisoner; i.e., “Last night I had so much free bubbly that I / let one suck me and she caught a DWI.” As for Chris Breezy, he does his new sing-song rap garble before hitting a few cool notes. Translation: if his name wasn’t so big, the song could’ve done without Mr. Brown. Oh and as for the star of this show, Wale? He is up to his usual wittiness, using the song to tell the ladies that he’s looking for someone who has “brain so good that she went and got a bachelor,” and can “make him do a Tiger Woods to come back for his masters.” That line alone makes this worth the listen.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.