Finally, a big-league remix of one of my favorite songs of 09-10. Wale keeps his fans’ Attention as he recruits remix king Fabolous and the mechanical dummy Chris Brown for a Best Kept Secret-produced remake of the D.C. rapper’s second single. I can’t say I’m mad at this one at all, especially when Fab is letting loose bars like a freed prisoner; i.e., “Last night I had so much free bubbly that I / let one suck me and she caught a DWI.” As for Chris Breezy, he does his new sing-song rap garble before hitting a few cool notes. Translation: if his name wasn’t so big, the song could’ve done without Mr. Brown. Oh and as for the star of this show, Wale? He is up to his usual wittiness, using the song to tell the ladies that he’s looking for someone who has “brain so good that she went and got a bachelor,” and can “make him do a Tiger Woods to come back for his masters.” That line alone makes this worth the listen.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.