Finally, a big-league remix of one of my favorite songs of 09-10. Wale keeps his fans’ Attention as he recruits remix king Fabolous and the mechanical dummy Chris Brown for a Best Kept Secret-produced remake of the D.C. rapper’s second single. I can’t say I’m mad at this one at all, especially when Fab is letting loose bars like a freed prisoner; i.e., “Last night I had so much free bubbly that I / let one suck me and she caught a DWI.” As for Chris Breezy, he does his new sing-song rap garble before hitting a few cool notes. Translation: if his name wasn’t so big, the song could’ve done without Mr. Brown. Oh and as for the star of this show, Wale? He is up to his usual wittiness, using the song to tell the ladies that he’s looking for someone who has “brain so good that she went and got a bachelor,” and can “make him do a Tiger Woods to come back for his masters.” That line alone makes this worth the listen.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.