When we featured Attention: Deficit single-to-be Pretty Girls back in summer of ‘09, Booth readers and staff couldn’t think of anything bad to say about the catchy, Go-Go-influenced cut – of course, that was before the Gucci Mane feature was added. Wherever you stand on the rapper born Radric Davis, it’s hard to argue with the talent that’s replaced him on the official remix. Booth-acclaimed R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn kicks off this revamp with a soulful guest verse, claiming that “My Chocolate City’s got the prettiest girls,” before passing the mic to DMV favorite Phil Adé, who boasts “I come from a town where the girls got girlfriends.” Complete with a slightly less controversial bridge (The “Ugly girls be quiet” line’s been revised), Pretty Girls (Remix) should get rave reviews from those who four and five-starred it the first time around. Better than the album version? That’s for you to decide. Attention: Deficit is out now in stores and online, and fans should keep it locked to our front page for details on a forthcoming, Booth-sponsored project from Phil Adé.
Written by richard on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.