When we featured Attention: Deficit single-to-be Pretty Girls back in summer of ‘09, Booth readers and staff couldn’t think of anything bad to say about the catchy, Go-Go-influenced cut – of course, that was before the Gucci Mane feature was added. Wherever you stand on the rapper born Radric Davis, it’s hard to argue with the talent that’s replaced him on the official remix. Booth-acclaimed R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn kicks off this revamp with a soulful guest verse, claiming that “My Chocolate City’s got the prettiest girls,” before passing the mic to DMV favorite Phil Adé, who boasts “I come from a town where the girls got girlfriends.” Complete with a slightly less controversial bridge (The “Ugly girls be quiet” line’s been revised), Pretty Girls (Remix) should get rave reviews from those who four and five-starred it the first time around. Better than the album version? That’s for you to decide. Attention: Deficit is out now in stores and online, and fans should keep it locked to our front page for details on a forthcoming, Booth-sponsored project from Phil Adé.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.