When we featured Attention: Deficit single-to-be Pretty Girls back in summer of ‘09, Booth readers and staff couldn’t think of anything bad to say about the catchy, Go-Go-influenced cut – of course, that was before the Gucci Mane feature was added. Wherever you stand on the rapper born Radric Davis, it’s hard to argue with the talent that’s replaced him on the official remix. Booth-acclaimed R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn kicks off this revamp with a soulful guest verse, claiming that “My Chocolate City’s got the prettiest girls,” before passing the mic to DMV favorite Phil Adé, who boasts “I come from a town where the girls got girlfriends.” Complete with a slightly less controversial bridge (The “Ugly girls be quiet” line’s been revised), Pretty Girls (Remix) should get rave reviews from those who four and five-starred it the first time around. Better than the album version? That’s for you to decide. Attention: Deficit is out now in stores and online, and fans should keep it locked to our front page for details on a forthcoming, Booth-sponsored project from Phil Adé.
Written by richard on 01/3/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.