As he prepares for the release of his debut studio album, it’s clear that Wale is dead serious about parlaying his 2008 buzz into mainstream success. With lead single Chillin’, the D.C. native incorporated a few lyrical nods to the car-crazy crowd, and the latest Attention: Deficit record to hit the Booth (leaked last Friday via Twitter) demonstrates that he’s equally intent on winning over the ladies. Though Penthouse Anthem‘s hook finds Wale shouting-out “all the stripper girls,” Mikey Mike‘s Kut Klose-sampling instrumental is all class, and provides an alluring, downtempo accompaniment to the emcee’s come-ons. Wale’s ultra-smooth rhymes here are a far cry from the neurotic sex talk he delivered with a knowing wink on Mixtape About Nothing‘s The Grown Up, but, then again, that record wasn’t really directed at the ladies—this truly grown-and-sexy cut should be just the thing to attract female listeners in anticipation of Attention: Deficit‘s arrival this summer.
Written by richard on 04/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.