Wale‘s come a long way from his D.C.-Chillin’ days—nearly 1,000 miles, in fact. The Maybach representative’s latest feature, an unreleased cut unleashed via Twitter this Wednesday, finds the artist enjoying the beautiful scenery and equally eye-pleasing women of Miami Beach’s famed Ocean Drive. Despite earning top billing on the record, Mr. Folarin isn’t the biggest presence, dropping just one ritzy verse over Tone P‘s glossy, dancehall-informed production. It’s Jamaican heavyweight Magazeen who dominates, paying tribute to a certain female’s physical charms on the intro, hook, bridge and outro. Black Cobain (Wale’s collaborator on Busy Now (Remix)) and U.C.B. frontman Tre double up on the final verse, the former comparing himself to the Six Million Dollar Man and the latter pondering the possibility of mixing ‘tron with Nuvo. (As every Ghostface fan knows, “This that Jimmy Neutron, baby.”). While this joint isn’t set for inclusion on Wale’s Maybach Music Group debut, Ambition (currently scheduled to drop in fall 2011), fans should watch out for the release of Chain Music, single numero dos off the project.
Written by richard on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)