Wale‘s come a long way from his D.C.-Chillin’ days—nearly 1,000 miles, in fact. The Maybach representative’s latest feature, an unreleased cut unleashed via Twitter this Wednesday, finds the artist enjoying the beautiful scenery and equally eye-pleasing women of Miami Beach’s famed Ocean Drive. Despite earning top billing on the record, Mr. Folarin isn’t the biggest presence, dropping just one ritzy verse over Tone P‘s glossy, dancehall-informed production. It’s Jamaican heavyweight Magazeen who dominates, paying tribute to a certain female’s physical charms on the intro, hook, bridge and outro. Black Cobain (Wale’s collaborator on Busy Now (Remix)) and U.C.B. frontman Tre double up on the final verse, the former comparing himself to the Six Million Dollar Man and the latter pondering the possibility of mixing ‘tron with Nuvo. (As every Ghostface fan knows, “This that Jimmy Neutron, baby.”). While this joint isn’t set for inclusion on Wale’s Maybach Music Group debut, Ambition (currently scheduled to drop in fall 2011), fans should watch out for the release of Chain Music, single numero dos off the project.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.