Wale‘s come a long way from his D.C.-Chillin’ days—nearly 1,000 miles, in fact. The Maybach representative’s latest feature, an unreleased cut unleashed via Twitter this Wednesday, finds the artist enjoying the beautiful scenery and equally eye-pleasing women of Miami Beach’s famed Ocean Drive. Despite earning top billing on the record, Mr. Folarin isn’t the biggest presence, dropping just one ritzy verse over Tone P‘s glossy, dancehall-informed production. It’s Jamaican heavyweight Magazeen who dominates, paying tribute to a certain female’s physical charms on the intro, hook, bridge and outro. Black Cobain (Wale’s collaborator on Busy Now (Remix)) and U.C.B. frontman Tre double up on the final verse, the former comparing himself to the Six Million Dollar Man and the latter pondering the possibility of mixing ‘tron with Nuvo. (As every Ghostface fan knows, “This that Jimmy Neutron, baby.”). While this joint isn’t set for inclusion on Wale’s Maybach Music Group debut, Ambition (currently scheduled to drop in fall 2011), fans should watch out for the release of Chain Music, single numero dos off the project.
Written by richard on 08/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.