Wale‘s come a long way from his D.C.-Chillin’ days—nearly 1,000 miles, in fact. The Maybach representative’s latest feature, an unreleased cut unleashed via Twitter this Wednesday, finds the artist enjoying the beautiful scenery and equally eye-pleasing women of Miami Beach’s famed Ocean Drive. Despite earning top billing on the record, Mr. Folarin isn’t the biggest presence, dropping just one ritzy verse over Tone P‘s glossy, dancehall-informed production. It’s Jamaican heavyweight Magazeen who dominates, paying tribute to a certain female’s physical charms on the intro, hook, bridge and outro. Black Cobain (Wale’s collaborator on Busy Now (Remix)) and U.C.B. frontman Tre double up on the final verse, the former comparing himself to the Six Million Dollar Man and the latter pondering the possibility of mixing ‘tron with Nuvo. (As every Ghostface fan knows, “This that Jimmy Neutron, baby.”). While this joint isn’t set for inclusion on Wale’s Maybach Music Group debut, Ambition (currently scheduled to drop in fall 2011), fans should watch out for the release of Chain Music, single numero dos off the project.
Written by richard on 08/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.