Washington, D.C., rapper Wale lively exclaims “this ain’t a shoe song!” on the bridge of his new buzz single, Nike Boots. Currently the iTunes “Download of the Week,” the song has resonated across the country in an extremely short period of time. In a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, the magazine named Wale as one of their ‘8 People to Watch in 2008,’ drawing a comparison between the creatively conscious MC and Chicagoan, Lupe Fiasco. Nike Boots, which is produced by Osinachi, is a song you must hear in order to judge. When a Texas artist stereotypically titles their song “Candy Paint,” the song is probably about, well, paint. But on Wale’s foot-wear titled cut, Nike Boots, the opposite couldn’t be truer.
Listen to More: Wale
Written by DJ Z on 11/27/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)