Washington, D.C., rapper Wale lively exclaims “this ain’t a shoe song!” on the bridge of his new buzz single, Nike Boots. Currently the iTunes “Download of the Week,” the song has resonated across the country in an extremely short period of time. In a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, the magazine named Wale as one of their ‘8 People to Watch in 2008,’ drawing a comparison between the creatively conscious MC and Chicagoan, Lupe Fiasco. Nike Boots, which is produced by Osinachi, is a song you must hear in order to judge. When a Texas artist stereotypically titles their song “Candy Paint,” the song is probably about, well, paint. But on Wale’s foot-wear titled cut, Nike Boots, the opposite couldn’t be truer.
Listen to More: Wale Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.