Washington, D.C., rapper Wale lively exclaims “this ain’t a shoe song!” on the bridge of his new buzz single, Nike Boots. Currently the iTunes “Download of the Week,” the song has resonated across the country in an extremely short period of time. In a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, the magazine named Wale as one of their ‘8 People to Watch in 2008,’ drawing a comparison between the creatively conscious MC and Chicagoan, Lupe Fiasco. Nike Boots, which is produced by Osinachi, is a song you must hear in order to judge. When a Texas artist stereotypically titles their song “Candy Paint,” the song is probably about, well, paint. But on Wale’s foot-wear titled cut, Nike Boots, the opposite couldn’t be truer.
Written by DJ Z on 11/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.