Washington, D.C., rapper Wale lively exclaims “this ain’t a shoe song!” on the bridge of his new buzz single, Nike Boots. Currently the iTunes “Download of the Week,” the song has resonated across the country in an extremely short period of time. In a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, the magazine named Wale as one of their ‘8 People to Watch in 2008,’ drawing a comparison between the creatively conscious MC and Chicagoan, Lupe Fiasco. Nike Boots, which is produced by Osinachi, is a song you must hear in order to judge. When a Texas artist stereotypically titles their song “Candy Paint,” the song is probably about, well, paint. But on Wale’s foot-wear titled cut, Nike Boots, the opposite couldn’t be truer.
Written by DJ Z on 11/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.