On single numero uno off their sophomore comp album, the Maybach Music posse offered a little insight into their taste in females, expressing a preference for bad b*tches who resemble (figuratively speaking) a Bag of Money. Wale and Meek Mill, however, seem to have rethought their stance on demanding women in the time since. The newly-released follow-up finds the labelmates shaking their heads at foolish dudes and the presumptuous women they allow to walk all over them: “These hoes be Actin’ Up and these n*ggas be lettin’ em” Rico Love (co-writer of Fat Joe‘s Pride N Joy, also featured today) handles production, crafting an apocalyptic street backdrop as the headliners pledge never to allow a shawty to take advantage of them, as they have seen happen to so many other hapless men. Bad Boy‘s French Montana guests on the back, rebuffing women who’d like to walk away with a chunk of his fortune. Romantic it ain’t, but their pragmatic take on matters on the heart is sure to protect their pocketbooks. If you like what you’re hearing, more awaits on Self Made Vol. 2, scheduled for release June 26, via MMG/Warner Bros.
Written by richard on 05/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)