On single numero uno off their sophomore comp album, the Maybach Music posse offered a little insight into their taste in females, expressing a preference for bad b*tches who resemble (figuratively speaking) a Bag of Money. Wale and Meek Mill, however, seem to have rethought their stance on demanding women in the time since. The newly-released follow-up finds the labelmates shaking their heads at foolish dudes and the presumptuous women they allow to walk all over them: “These hoes be Actin’ Up and these n*ggas be lettin’ em” Rico Love (co-writer of Fat Joe‘s Pride N Joy, also featured today) handles production, crafting an apocalyptic street backdrop as the headliners pledge never to allow a shawty to take advantage of them, as they have seen happen to so many other hapless men. Bad Boy‘s French Montana guests on the back, rebuffing women who’d like to walk away with a chunk of his fortune. Romantic it ain’t, but their pragmatic take on matters on the heart is sure to protect their pocketbooks. If you like what you’re hearing, more awaits on Self Made Vol. 2, scheduled for release June 26, via MMG/Warner Bros.
Written by richard on 05/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.