Lately, it seems like everybody on my Facebook feed has been taking online quizzes to find out which Game of Thrones character they most resemble. Wale, however, doesn’t need to consult Buzzfeed to know that he’s a Lannister at heart. On the latest single off Catch the Throne, a forthcoming free mixtape that will drop in conjunction with season four’s premiere episode, the Maybach Music heavyweight expresses his kinship with the brave (if incestuous) Jaime, otherwise known as the King Slayer. Over an unknown beatsmith’s thunderous flip of the series’ theme, Mr. Folarin warns his rivals that, should they step, they’ll get a hefty dose of cold steel to the neck: “Use my King, knack for words, as an actual sword / I can decapitate a rapper.” For this cut as well as contributions from Big Boi, Snow The Product and Common, cop the aforementioned street album when it hits the ‘net April 6, for free digital download.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.