After Monday’s release of Folarin, a new street album which fans in the Booth and beyond hailed as his finest work in recent memory, Wale deserved to kick back, crack open a carton of eggnog and take the rest of 2012 off. Unlike the House of Congress, though, the MMG signee isn’t the type to cut out early when there’s still work to be done. Thus, he’s returned to feed his insatiable fanbase with freshly-minted promo single Heaven in the Afternoon. Over LG‘s majestic strings, Wale revisits many of the themes from recently-featured mixtape inclusion The Blessings, rhyming about his lavish lifestyle, his laser focus on his goals and his gratitude for his good fortune. In addition to the usual witty wordplay and cultural references, Wale includes a timely shout-out to Pro Era member Capital STEEZ, who passed away at the age of 19 on Christmas Eve. For those who haven’t already copped the set, Folarin is available right here in The DJBooth for free streaming and download. Stay tuned to our front page for all the latest on the emcee’s plans going into 2013.
Written by richard on 12/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.