Though Drake was ultimately chosen by our readers as “Breaking Through In ‘09,” most agreed that big things were in store for all five nominees. Two months have passed since we announced the winners, and it’s clear that Wale, for one, is angling to make that breakthrough happen sooner rather than later. Now, you’d think the momentous decision of which record to promote as his debut LP’s official lead single would have him shaking in his Nike Boots, but that isn’t the case—he’s simply Chillin’, secure in the knowledge that his selection has all the makings of a hit: though an early version was leaked in ‘08, the cut’s since been given a complete makeover courtesy of pop-savvy production duo Cool & Dre, who pair their lurching synths with an instantly recognizable sample (from 1969 hit Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye), and electro songstress Lady Gaga, who contributes some catchy, singsong vocals—meanwhile, the emcee showcases the acrobatic flow we’ve come to know and love. Attention: Deficit is tentatively scheduled for a June release.
Written by richard on 03/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.