Having already accumulated a broad national fanbase (including Bun B, Young Jeezy, and Lindsay Lohan), Wale is more than ready to take the next step: widening his reach on the global scene with a World Tour! On this newly-leaked track, the D.C. buzzmaker takes a page from Kanye‘s College Dropout/Late Registration rhymebook, jet-setting from U.S. hotspots New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago all the way to London, Scotland, and Tokyo. Jazmine Sullivan adds a dash of crossover appeal with some soulful hook and backing vocals, and Chillin producers Cool & Dre amp listeners up with an upbeat piano-loop instrumental. Though there’s been no word as to whether Wale and/or his Allido/Interscope label team plan to release World Tour as a single, the Booth heartily endorses the idea—imagine how great the music video would be! In any case, the globetrotting track is sure to leave fans more excited than ever for the Oct. 30th release of Wale’s debut, Attention: Deficit.
Written by Burmy on 08/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.