Plenty of unsuspecting gift acceptors received neatly wrapped boxes filled with brand new Nike boots on Christmas. Unfortunately for Hip Hop listeners who were hoping for music in their stockings, Wale’s single Nike Boots was the only offering the DC rapper could provide his fans. With his stock rising as high as Google, Wale’s debut effort will come in 2008 and might or might not include the name of a major label attached to the project. Currently unsigned, but receiving offers faster than Ray-J at a porn convention, Wale has worked up a remix with this past year’s #1 “feature man,” Lil’ Wayne. Strapping on his Nike boots alongside the D.C.-native, Weezy and Wale together dismantle the notion that a song about material goods must be lousy Hip-Hop; nothing says “Happy Holidays” like new blood in the game.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.