Plenty of unsuspecting gift acceptors received neatly wrapped boxes filled with brand new Nike boots on Christmas. Unfortunately for Hip Hop listeners who were hoping for music in their stockings, Wale’s single Nike Boots was the only offering the DC rapper could provide his fans. With his stock rising as high as Google, Wale’s debut effort will come in 2008 and might or might not include the name of a major label attached to the project. Currently unsigned, but receiving offers faster than Ray-J at a porn convention, Wale has worked up a remix with this past year’s #1 “feature man,” Lil’ Wayne. Strapping on his Nike boots alongside the D.C.-native, Weezy and Wale together dismantle the notion that a song about material goods must be lousy Hip-Hop; nothing says “Happy Holidays” like new blood in the game.
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)