Plenty of unsuspecting gift acceptors received neatly wrapped boxes filled with brand new Nike boots on Christmas. Unfortunately for Hip Hop listeners who were hoping for music in their stockings, Wale’s single Nike Boots was the only offering the DC rapper could provide his fans. With his stock rising as high as Google, Wale’s debut effort will come in 2008 and might or might not include the name of a major label attached to the project. Currently unsigned, but receiving offers faster than Ray-J at a porn convention, Wale has worked up a remix with this past year’s #1 “feature man,” Lil’ Wayne. Strapping on his Nike boots alongside the D.C.-native, Weezy and Wale together dismantle the notion that a song about material goods must be lousy Hip-Hop; nothing says “Happy Holidays” like new blood in the game.
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.