Plenty of unsuspecting gift acceptors received neatly wrapped boxes filled with brand new Nike boots on Christmas. Unfortunately for Hip Hop listeners who were hoping for music in their stockings, Wale’s single Nike Boots was the only offering the DC rapper could provide his fans. With his stock rising as high as Google, Wale’s debut effort will come in 2008 and might or might not include the name of a major label attached to the project. Currently unsigned, but receiving offers faster than Ray-J at a porn convention, Wale has worked up a remix with this past year’s #1 “feature man,” Lil’ Wayne. Strapping on his Nike boots alongside the D.C.-native, Weezy and Wale together dismantle the notion that a song about material goods must be lousy Hip-Hop; nothing says “Happy Holidays” like new blood in the game.
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.