This past spring, Welsh R&B/soul singer Duffy released her debut album, Rockferry, best known for international hit single Mercy. While the follow-up single, Warwick Avenue, was not as successful, it did pick up steam in certain places. Among them was our nation’s capital, where Wale became inspired to create a remix. Sticking with the cut’s lost love theme, the DC emcee provides the male side of the story, while expressing an important truth about relationships – as much as females complain about the males who do them wrong, they’re equally likely to be the guilty party. Featuring new production by Mikey Mike, this remix should be a crossover hit among fans of the original; it will be featured on Wale’s Back to the Feature mixtape, which is set to drop this November.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.