This past spring, Welsh R&B/soul singer Duffy released her debut album, Rockferry, best known for international hit single Mercy. While the follow-up single, Warwick Avenue, was not as successful, it did pick up steam in certain places. Among them was our nation’s capital, where Wale became inspired to create a remix. Sticking with the cut’s lost love theme, the DC emcee provides the male side of the story, while expressing an important truth about relationships – as much as females complain about the males who do them wrong, they’re equally likely to be the guilty party. Featuring new production by Mikey Mike, this remix should be a crossover hit among fans of the original; it will be featured on Wale’s Back to the Feature mixtape, which is set to drop this November.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)