Thanks in part to the success of his underground single Nike Boots, rapper Wale just scored a major deal with Interscope. Ready to celebrate his new career move, the D.C. native is getting Back In The Go Go and keeping his lyrically strong flow intact. While producer Best Kept Secret lives up to his name with a 70’s sample-based production, the true appeal comes from collabos with two of the industry’s best lyricists; UGK’s Bun B and The Clipse‘s Pusha T provide enough swagger for Back In The Go Go to bump from D.C. to Port Arthur, Texas, and then back up to Virginia. The real indicator of success, however, is whether it will keep Wale’s eventual debut from getting pushed around.
Written by Burmy on 03/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.