Thanks in part to the success of his underground single Nike Boots, rapper Wale just scored a major deal with Interscope. Ready to celebrate his new career move, the D.C. native is getting Back In The Go Go and keeping his lyrically strong flow intact. While producer Best Kept Secret lives up to his name with a 70’s sample-based production, the true appeal comes from collabos with two of the industry’s best lyricists; UGK’s Bun B and The Clipse‘s Pusha T provide enough swagger for Back In The Go Go to bump from D.C. to Port Arthur, Texas, and then back up to Virginia. The real indicator of success, however, is whether it will keep Wale’s eventual debut from getting pushed around.
Written by Burmy on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.