Thanks in part to the success of his underground single Nike Boots, rapper Wale just scored a major deal with Interscope. Ready to celebrate his new career move, the D.C. native is getting Back In The Go Go and keeping his lyrically strong flow intact. While producer Best Kept Secret lives up to his name with a 70’s sample-based production, the true appeal comes from collabos with two of the industry’s best lyricists; UGK’s Bun B and The Clipse‘s Pusha T provide enough swagger for Back In The Go Go to bump from D.C. to Port Arthur, Texas, and then back up to Virginia. The real indicator of success, however, is whether it will keep Wale’s eventual debut from getting pushed around.
Written by Burmy on 03/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.