Thanks in part to the success of his underground single Nike Boots, rapper Wale just scored a major deal with Interscope. Ready to celebrate his new career move, the D.C. native is getting Back In The Go Go and keeping his lyrically strong flow intact. While producer Best Kept Secret lives up to his name with a 70’s sample-based production, the true appeal comes from collabos with two of the industry’s best lyricists; UGK’s Bun B and The Clipse‘s Pusha T provide enough swagger for Back In The Go Go to bump from D.C. to Port Arthur, Texas, and then back up to Virginia. The real indicator of success, however, is whether it will keep Wale’s eventual debut from getting pushed around.
Written by Burmy on 03/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.