If everyone with Ambition were as Focused as Wale Folarin… well, it would probably make no difference whatsoever, since the likelihood of success would decrease relative to the higher level of competition. As it is, though, the D.C. representative’s drive and stick-to-it-iveness gives him a formidable edge over his rivals—whether he’s vying to be king of the rap game or, as on the latest leak off his soon-to-be-released sophomore set, of the party. Backed by Kore‘s sizzling synth production, the headliner describes the key ingredients of his ideal night on the town: “I’m just here to have a good time / a little white chick, a little white wine.” Amidst all the money, liquor and women talk, he doesn’t miss the chance to drop a few fresh boasts about his mic skills and business sense’ “I been killin’ you black heads, my rap is Noxzema,” is my favorite. Topped off with a hook by alt-hip-hop mainstay and former rival Kid CuDi, this joint is just the beginning of the dope material in store on Wale’s Maybach Music debut, scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers November 1.
Written by richard on 10/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.