I must have the opposite of a dirty mind, because my first thought upon reading the title of Wale‘s latest feature was of The Clapper, the infomercial-shilled gadget that allows you to turn your light fixtures on with well-timed applause. If you do happen to have one installed in your home (What are you, a time traveler from the ‘80s?), you’ll be able to enjoy a light show along with new single Clappers—which, if it even needs to be said, is all about the rhythmic movement of female buttocks. Mark Henry‘s bombastic beat, seasoned with the obligatory manual percussion, backs the D.C. native as he encourages females to shake what the Lord gave them. Juicy Jcontributes a high-energy, if anatomically dubious (It’s been a minute since high school health class, but I don’t think it’s possible get a woman, “pregnant in her throat.”) middle verse, and Nicki Minaj shows a little appreciation for cellulite on the back. For this eminently twerkable cut, the recently-featured Rotation and much more, cop The Gifted when it drops next Tuesday via MMG. Also keep an eye out for this joint’s official visuals, debuting in the near future.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
The last time we gathered to discuss a Wale album is was 2011, and the release of Ambition felt like a moment in hip-hop history, like watching DC’s prodigal son standing at rap’s crossroads. The former underground...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.