I must have the opposite of a dirty mind, because my first thought upon reading the title of Wale‘s latest feature was of The Clapper, the infomercial-shilled gadget that allows you to turn your light fixtures on with well-timed applause. If you do happen to have one installed in your home (What are you, a time traveler from the ‘80s?), you’ll be able to enjoy a light show along with new single Clappers—which, if it even needs to be said, is all about the rhythmic movement of female buttocks. Mark Henry‘s bombastic beat, seasoned with the obligatory manual percussion, backs the D.C. native as he encourages females to shake what the Lord gave them. Juicy Jcontributes a high-energy, if anatomically dubious (It’s been a minute since high school health class, but I don’t think it’s possible get a woman, “pregnant in her throat.”) middle verse, and Nicki Minaj shows a little appreciation for cellulite on the back. For this eminently twerkable cut, the recently-featured Rotation and much more, cop The Gifted when it drops next Tuesday via MMG. Also keep an eye out for this joint’s official visuals, debuting in the near future.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.