Just a few years ago Wale was relatively unknown, even in the DMV, but over the past year the once underground rapper has found himself catapulted to a previously unimagined level of fame, appearing on MTV, partying with Lindsay Lohan and being generally surrounded by flashing lights. Enter Center of Attention, Wale’s bonus track off his recently-released (and sick) album, Attention: Deficit. Backed by well-orchestrated production from the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, the D.C. native shares his take on an ignored affliction that is rampant in American society today, a strong fixation on fame: “This country has an obsession with celebrity, but who is the brain when we let them in on everything?” While Wale’s message is a clear warning that such notoriety isn’t all it’s hyped up to be, I doubt that even Wale’s influential enough to stop another season of the Real World from coming our way. Be sure to pick up Attention: Deficit for more thought provoking tracks and stay tuned to the Booth for more from all your DMV favorites.
Listen to More: Wale Written by Sigurd
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.