Just a few years ago Wale was relatively unknown, even in the DMV, but over the past year the once underground rapper has found himself catapulted to a previously unimagined level of fame, appearing on MTV, partying with Lindsay Lohan and being generally surrounded by flashing lights. Enter Center of Attention, Wale’s bonus track off his recently-released (and sick) album, Attention: Deficit. Backed by well-orchestrated production from the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, the D.C. native shares his take on an ignored affliction that is rampant in American society today, a strong fixation on fame: “This country has an obsession with celebrity, but who is the brain when we let them in on everything?” While Wale’s message is a clear warning that such notoriety isn’t all it’s hyped up to be, I doubt that even Wale’s influential enough to stop another season of the Real World from coming our way. Be sure to pick up Attention: Deficit for more thought provoking tracks and stay tuned to the Booth for more from all your DMV favorites.
Written by Sigurd on 11/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)