When accomplished artists go on tour together like Wale and Colin Munroe did for the better part of the summer, a great many things can happen, and unfortunately they’re usually negative (Jay-Z and R. Kelly anyone?). Fortunately for readers, the only Bittersweet part of this multi-talented collaboration is that the tour, and the season, ended far too soon. To help ease the pain of the fall season creeping in, the two have dropped a previously unreleased cut that will hopefully satiate listeners’ appetites. Backed by a powerful DJ Toomp beat and a sample made famous by The Verve’s smash hit with a similar title, Wale and Munroe share their attitudes towards the highs and lows of success in the music industry, with Wale spitting: “The long road to success is dangerous, that’s why I never claimed to be the best.” Although Bittersweet won’t be on it, readers can also look forward to Wale’s forthcoming album, Attention: Deficit, scheduled to be released in early November
Written by Sigurd on 10/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.