When accomplished artists go on tour together like Wale and Colin Munroe did for the better part of the summer, a great many things can happen, and unfortunately they’re usually negative (Jay-Z and R. Kelly anyone?). Fortunately for readers, the only Bittersweet part of this multi-talented collaboration is that the tour, and the season, ended far too soon. To help ease the pain of the fall season creeping in, the two have dropped a previously unreleased cut that will hopefully satiate listeners’ appetites. Backed by a powerful DJ Toomp beat and a sample made famous by The Verve’s smash hit with a similar title, Wale and Munroe share their attitudes towards the highs and lows of success in the music industry, with Wale spitting: “The long road to success is dangerous, that’s why I never claimed to be the best.” Although Bittersweet won’t be on it, readers can also look forward to Wale’s forthcoming album, Attention: Deficit, scheduled to be released in early November
Written by Sigurd on 10/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.