When accomplished artists go on tour together like Wale and Colin Munroe did for the better part of the summer, a great many things can happen, and unfortunately they’re usually negative (Jay-Z and R. Kelly anyone?). Fortunately for readers, the only Bittersweet part of this multi-talented collaboration is that the tour, and the season, ended far too soon. To help ease the pain of the fall season creeping in, the two have dropped a previously unreleased cut that will hopefully satiate listeners’ appetites. Backed by a powerful DJ Toomp beat and a sample made famous by The Verve’s smash hit with a similar title, Wale and Munroe share their attitudes towards the highs and lows of success in the music industry, with Wale spitting: “The long road to success is dangerous, that’s why I never claimed to be the best.” Although Bittersweet won’t be on it, readers can also look forward to Wale’s forthcoming album, Attention: Deficit, scheduled to be released in early November
Written by Sigurd on 10/6/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)