When accomplished artists go on tour together like Wale and Colin Munroe did for the better part of the summer, a great many things can happen, and unfortunately they’re usually negative (Jay-Z and R. Kelly anyone?). Fortunately for readers, the only Bittersweet part of this multi-talented collaboration is that the tour, and the season, ended far too soon. To help ease the pain of the fall season creeping in, the two have dropped a previously unreleased cut that will hopefully satiate listeners’ appetites. Backed by a powerful DJ Toomp beat and a sample made famous by The Verve’s smash hit with a similar title, Wale and Munroe share their attitudes towards the highs and lows of success in the music industry, with Wale spitting: “The long road to success is dangerous, that’s why I never claimed to be the best.” Although Bittersweet won’t be on it, readers can also look forward to Wale’s forthcoming album, Attention: Deficit, scheduled to be released in early November
Written by Sigurd on 10/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)