Happy belated holidays everyone. While you’ve taken some time to recover from all the celebrations, Wale has dropped three brand new records via Twitter for his unofficial No Days Off Campaign (when does this guy sleep?). One of the tracks leaked, BASEhead, shows that the D.C. native indicates no signs of slowing down as his lyricism dropped so fast I thought the sky was falling in my headphones. The Bassheads do their job of keeping up with or inspiring the bars (either way, good work) with an ambitious beat that hits both heavy and hard. With the stylistic diversity and raw lyrical talent (“...inspired by the ganja most nine-to-fivers just can’t afford”) Wale has been showing on these unofficial releases, listeners should have no problem biding time until his already-anticipated sophomore set hits the (digital) shelves. Keep it locked for all the latest from the D.C. heavy-hitter.
Written by Sigurd on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.