Happy belated holidays everyone. While you’ve taken some time to recover from all the celebrations, Wale has dropped three brand new records via Twitter for his unofficial No Days Off Campaign (when does this guy sleep?). One of the tracks leaked, BASEhead, shows that the D.C. native indicates no signs of slowing down as his lyricism dropped so fast I thought the sky was falling in my headphones. The Bassheads do their job of keeping up with or inspiring the bars (either way, good work) with an ambitious beat that hits both heavy and hard. With the stylistic diversity and raw lyrical talent (“...inspired by the ganja most nine-to-fivers just can’t afford”) Wale has been showing on these unofficial releases, listeners should have no problem biding time until his already-anticipated sophomore set hits the (digital) shelves. Keep it locked for all the latest from the D.C. heavy-hitter.
Written by Sigurd on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.