Attention fellas: if things aren’t going well between you and your girl, stay far away from any nightspots frequented by Wale. In fact, you might want to give the whole DMV a wide berth, just to be safe. Though the precise source of his uncanny female magnetism is as-yet a mystery to science, there’s no doubt about it: the Maybach Music representative’s got that Bait that draws women in like moths to a flame. Released Friday via the artist’s Twitter, this joint is pure, unadulterated swag, from Board Adminitration member Tone P‘s bombastic boardwork (featuring the larger than life instrumental stylings of D.C. Go-Go ensemble TCB) to Wale’s bold and arrogant on-the-mic stunting. That’s not to say he’s forgotten about the lyrical heads—on the contrary, he comes fast and furious with the punchlines, even seeming to crack himself up on a particularly choice couplet (“Girl stop bein’ fallacious, this Mercedes is spacious / Black and white through the city, guess this gentrification.”). This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project—not yet, anyways. Whatever happens, you can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for anything and everything Wale.
Written by richard on 06/26/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.