Chalk it up to whatever you wish—good looks, money, mic skills, pheromones…—but there’s no denying it: Wale‘s got that Bait that makes the women flock to him like Ninja Turtles to freshly-baked pizzas. Today, the Eleven One Eleven Theory promo single that didn’t make it onto the Maybach spitter’s sophomore LP (unlike Chain Music) returns in its officially remixed form, complete with guest appearances by three equally charismatic urban artists. First to spit over Tone P‘s synth-sizzling boardwork are 2 Chainz and (surprise, surprise) label bawse Rick Ross, the former going crazy with acronyms (“One eye open like CBS / so much promethazine I’m VIP at CVS…”) and the latter exulting in Maybach‘s positive effect on the headliner’s pocketbook (“Since Wale met me, he only rolled a Benz or better…”) Trey Songz—here rocking his “rapper” hat—rounds out the guest lineup, putting a shawty’s booty to the test on the penultimate verse before before handing the mic to Wale for a swag-laden closer. Fans can find the original version of this cut on Wale’s Eleven One Eleven Theory tape, as well as picking up a copy of recently-released full-length Ambition wherever fine hip-hop music is sold.
Written by richard on 12/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.