Attention fellas: if things aren’t going well between you and your girl, stay far away from any nightspots frequented by Wale. In fact, you might want to give the whole DMV a wide berth, just to be safe. Though the precise source of his uncanny female magnetism is as-yet a mystery to science, there’s no doubt about it: the Maybach Music representative’s got that Bait that draws women in like moths to a flame. Released Friday via the artist’s Twitter, this joint is pure, unadulterated swag, from Board Adminitration member Tone P‘s bombastic boardwork (featuring the larger than life instrumental stylings of D.C. Go-Go ensemble TCB) to Wale’s bold and arrogant on-the-mic stunting. That’s not to say he’s forgotten about the lyrical heads—on the contrary, he comes fast and furious with the punchlines, even seeming to crack himself up on a particularly choice couplet (“Girl stop bein’ fallacious, this Mercedes is spacious / Black and white through the city, guess this gentrification.”). This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project—not yet, anyways. Whatever happens, you can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for anything and everything Wale.
Written by richard on 06/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.