Attention fellas: if things aren’t going well between you and your girl, stay far away from any nightspots frequented by Wale. In fact, you might want to give the whole DMV a wide berth, just to be safe. Though the precise source of his uncanny female magnetism is as-yet a mystery to science, there’s no doubt about it: the Maybach Music representative’s got that Bait that draws women in like moths to a flame. Released Friday via the artist’s Twitter, this joint is pure, unadulterated swag, from Board Adminitration member Tone P‘s bombastic boardwork (featuring the larger than life instrumental stylings of D.C. Go-Go ensemble TCB) to Wale’s bold and arrogant on-the-mic stunting. That’s not to say he’s forgotten about the lyrical heads—on the contrary, he comes fast and furious with the punchlines, even seeming to crack himself up on a particularly choice couplet (“Girl stop bein’ fallacious, this Mercedes is spacious / Black and white through the city, guess this gentrification.”). This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project—not yet, anyways. Whatever happens, you can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for anything and everything Wale.
Written by richard on 06/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.