Remember when mixtapes were largely considered “throwaway” projects, often released without much thought, effort, or original production in order to promote a larger, for-purchase LP? Thankfully, those days are behind us. Now, mixtapes are just as important as albums, frequently containing album quality material, despite their free 99 price tag. Case in point: Wale’s Bad. Although it can be found on his December mixtape, Folarian, Bad has been selected as the MMG emcee’s new single. Boosting the song’s worth to its new $1.29 price tag is Tiara Thomas, who produces the squeaking beat and lends her sultry vocals to the hook, pacing the track in between Wale’s signature nasally flow. While there is no word yet on the DMV representative’s next project, he has been very busy 2 Chainzing the guest feature game, recently appearing on cuts from Pusha-T, DJ Scream, and Kid Ink.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Wale’s Bad visuals. The song serves as the official first single from upcoming album, The Gifted, out June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.