Remember when mixtapes were largely considered “throwaway” projects, often released without much thought, effort, or original production in order to promote a larger, for-purchase LP? Thankfully, those days are behind us. Now, mixtapes are just as important as albums, frequently containing album quality material, despite their free 99 price tag. Case in point: Wale’s Bad. Although it can be found on his December mixtape, Folarian, Bad has been selected as the MMG emcee’s new single. Boosting the song’s worth to its new $1.29 price tag is Tiara Thomas, who produces the squeaking beat and lends her sultry vocals to the hook, pacing the track in between Wale’s signature nasally flow. While there is no word yet on the DMV representative’s next project, he has been very busy 2 Chainzing the guest feature game, recently appearing on cuts from Pusha-T, DJ Scream, and Kid Ink.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Wale’s Bad visuals. The song serves as the official first single from upcoming album, The Gifted, out June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.