Want your Obituary to read, “[Your Name] died peacefully, surrounded by his/her loved ones.”? As opposed to say, “[Your Name] was found in a dark alley with his/her head busted open.”? Then I don’t suggest f**king with Waka Flocka. On a new mixtape single, the boisterous ATL rhymesayer informs us that, if he has to break a few proverbial eggs in the course of his hustle, it “ain’t sh*t” to him. Though nobody can really compete with Waka when it comes to bellowing threats of violence over a beat (and I really do mean that as a compliment), Brick Squad signee Wooh Da Kid does his labelmate proud when he jumps on 808 Mafia‘s whip-ready instrumental to deliver the final verse. Fans can find Obituary and much more on Waka’s From Roaches to Rolex mixtape, available online as of October 5. Keep it locked for the latest on his sophomore set in-the-making, Flockaveli 2, which is scheduled for release in 2014.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
1017 Brick/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Hands" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.