I know this may be a little hard to believe, but none other than Waka Flocka Flame, the king of o doin things, has never has a solo feature on the Booth. The closest he’s come, somewhat surprisingly, is a guest verse on Party Boyz’ Flex. Well no more. Mr. Flame has brought his muscularly energetic style to our pages with his new single No Hands. First leaked months ago but finally officially released this week, No Hands, of course, is built around a monstrous beat from Southern production staple Drumma Boy and an oddly catchy hook from Roscoe Dash, of Turnt Up fame, who also contributes a deli-centric verse (that will make sense after you listen). Lyrically, hard core hip-hop heads should find No Hands confusing, as guest artist Wale drops a flow as complex as headliner Waka’s verse is basic. My advice? Don’t get all worked up. Either use your hands to turn No Hands off, or turn it up. There is no in-between. For more head-banging hip-hop, lookout for Waka’s somewhat hilariously-named debut album Flockaveli, which still hasn’t received a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/24/10
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coppin The Best" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.