I know this may be a little hard to believe, but none other than Waka Flocka Flame, the king of o doin things, has never has a solo feature on the Booth. The closest he’s come, somewhat surprisingly, is a guest verse on Party Boyz’ Flex. Well no more. Mr. Flame has brought his muscularly energetic style to our pages with his new single No Hands. First leaked months ago but finally officially released this week, No Hands, of course, is built around a monstrous beat from Southern production staple Drumma Boy and an oddly catchy hook from Roscoe Dash, of Turnt Up fame, who also contributes a deli-centric verse (that will make sense after you listen). Lyrically, hard core hip-hop heads should find No Hands confusing, as guest artist Wale drops a flow as complex as headliner Waka’s verse is basic. My advice? Don’t get all worked up. Either use your hands to turn No Hands off, or turn it up. There is no in-between. For more head-banging hip-hop, lookout for Waka’s somewhat hilariously-named debut album Flockaveli, which still hasn’t received a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/24/10
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coppin The Best" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.