Could the majestic beauty of a female posterior dropping to the floor really have arisen through natural selection in conjunction with contingent laws of physics, or is there a god out there who really loves horny dudes? It’s a question with which the world’s greatest philosophical minds have grappled for centuries. OK, not really—but it’s most definitely something to behold. In search of a single that’ll facilitate his sophomore set flying off store shelves, Waka Flocka Flame has tapped into the
universally male-appealing subject of women’s asses in motion on new single Get Low. In addition to the Brick Squad member’s bellowed game-spitting (Points for authenticity—he really sounds like someone trying to flirt in a noisy club), this joint packs guest vocals from not one but three hip-pop notables. Joining Waka over Boi-1da‘s radio-ready production, Nicki Minaj provides a first-person account of booty-dropping on the middle, and Tyga plays pickup artist on the back. Flo Rida (an expert on this record’s subject matter) rounds out the lineup, contributing an infectious, Autotuned hook. Is this anatomically-inspired club/radio banger a good look for Waka? Whatever your take on the matter, you’ll be able to hear more from the Gucci protégé June 12, when Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family hits records stores and online retailers via Warner Bros.
Written by richard on 06/5/12
1017 Brick/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Hands" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.