Could the majestic beauty of a female posterior dropping to the floor really have arisen through natural selection in conjunction with contingent laws of physics, or is there a god out there who really loves horny dudes? It’s a question with which the world’s greatest philosophical minds have grappled for centuries. OK, not really—but it’s most definitely something to behold. In search of a single that’ll facilitate his sophomore set flying off store shelves, Waka Flocka Flame has tapped into the
universally male-appealing subject of women’s asses in motion on new single Get Low. In addition to the Brick Squad member’s bellowed game-spitting (Points for authenticity—he really sounds like someone trying to flirt in a noisy club), this joint packs guest vocals from not one but three hip-pop notables. Joining Waka over Boi-1da‘s radio-ready production, Nicki Minaj provides a first-person account of booty-dropping on the middle, and Tyga plays pickup artist on the back. Flo Rida (an expert on this record’s subject matter) rounds out the lineup, contributing an infectious, Autotuned hook. Is this anatomically-inspired club/radio banger a good look for Waka? Whatever your take on the matter, you’ll be able to hear more from the Gucci protégé June 12, when Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family hits records stores and online retailers via Warner Bros.
Written by richard on 06/5/12
Submit your Rating
1017 Brick/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Hands" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.