Wais P. really hit the ground running at the top of 2013; earlier this month, we heard him contribute guest bars to Saheed‘s Movement, and just yesterday he unleashed his first street album of the new year. Today, the Brooklyn native and inveterate pimp steps into the Booth to raise awareness of his latest set with project standout What They Came to See, a funky street banger which finds him showcasing his suave, self-confident flows over Domingo‘s throwback sample work. Veteran R&B singer Mario Winans lends his smooth vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. Feeling it? You can find this cut, previously-featured single Staten Island Ferry and much more on Wais P.‘s PV$$Y RICH LP, out now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Let's Go (Part 1) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.