Two years is a long damn time between features, but I’m willing to cut Wais P a break on this one, since I know how taxing it can be to balance a pimping business with your day-to-day grind. OK, to keep it one-hundred, I don’t know that firsthand – but, as someone who’s heard a song or two on the subject, I can tell you that it ain’t easy. Anyway, new single You See It finds the Brooklyn emcee filling us in on his activities since last we heard from him; over the street-ready string samples and expert cuts of hip-hop legend DJ Premier (who grabs samples from Jay-Z‘s Cashmere Thoughts, among many other sources), the emcee showcases much improved mic skills and penmanship, describing his luxurious but stressful lifestyle in verses peppered with clever punchlines and pop-culture allusions: “For the right wages, I’ll have you turnin’ more tricks than Cirque du Soleil.” Like how Wais P handles his business? Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Pimpin’ Saved My Life, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Let's Go (Part 1) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.