Two years is a long damn time between features, but I’m willing to cut Wais P a break on this one, since I know how taxing it can be to balance a pimping business with your day-to-day grind. OK, to keep it one-hundred, I don’t know that firsthand – but, as someone who’s heard a song or two on the subject, I can tell you that it ain’t easy. Anyway, new single You See It finds the Brooklyn emcee filling us in on his activities since last we heard from him; over the street-ready string samples and expert cuts of hip-hop legend DJ Premier (who grabs samples from Jay-Z‘s Cashmere Thoughts, among many other sources), the emcee showcases much improved mic skills and penmanship, describing his luxurious but stressful lifestyle in verses peppered with clever punchlines and pop-culture allusions: “For the right wages, I’ll have you turnin’ more tricks than Cirque du Soleil.” Like how Wais P handles his business? Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Pimpin’ Saved My Life, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/3/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Let's Go (Part 1) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.