Two years is a long damn time between features, but I’m willing to cut Wais P a break on this one, since I know how taxing it can be to balance a pimping business with your day-to-day grind. OK, to keep it one-hundred, I don’t know that firsthand – but, as someone who’s heard a song or two on the subject, I can tell you that it ain’t easy. Anyway, new single You See It finds the Brooklyn emcee filling us in on his activities since last we heard from him; over the street-ready string samples and expert cuts of hip-hop legend DJ Premier (who grabs samples from Jay-Z‘s Cashmere Thoughts, among many other sources), the emcee showcases much improved mic skills and penmanship, describing his luxurious but stressful lifestyle in verses peppered with clever punchlines and pop-culture allusions: “For the right wages, I’ll have you turnin’ more tricks than Cirque du Soleil.” Like how Wais P handles his business? Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Pimpin’ Saved My Life, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/3/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Let's Go (Part 1) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)