Two years is a long damn time between features, but I’m willing to cut Wais P a break on this one, since I know how taxing it can be to balance a pimping business with your day-to-day grind. OK, to keep it one-hundred, I don’t know that firsthand – but, as someone who’s heard a song or two on the subject, I can tell you that it ain’t easy. Anyway, new single You See It finds the Brooklyn emcee filling us in on his activities since last we heard from him; over the street-ready string samples and expert cuts of hip-hop legend DJ Premier (who grabs samples from Jay-Z‘s Cashmere Thoughts, among many other sources), the emcee showcases much improved mic skills and penmanship, describing his luxurious but stressful lifestyle in verses peppered with clever punchlines and pop-culture allusions: “For the right wages, I’ll have you turnin’ more tricks than Cirque du Soleil.” Like how Wais P handles his business? Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further details on Pimpin’ Saved My Life, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Let's Go (Part 1) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.