In honor of Black History Month, DMV duo Wade Waters have decided to give listeners a much needed reality check. A Post Racial America (Part 1) is about dispelling the notion of just that - the impression that the election of President Obama has erased our nation’s racist thoughts and beliefs. The optimistic production, provided by GMJ, is juxtaposed by Waters’ emcees Soulstice and Haysoos descriptive lyrics about our society’s problems, “The border looks like a Nazi camp/ They still murder blacks, ask Oscar Grant / How can I be confident? / When the NAACP is incompetent / They blame Mexicans for trafficking intoxicants/ In Arizona they gon’ ask for your documents.” With every bass thump and the bars laid by Waters that accompany it, the listener becomes more and more inspired as the song truly sheds some much needed light. Bravo, gentlemen, bravo indeed. Be sure to check out Pt. 2 of A Post Racial America, due to drop on Wednesday, as well as Wade Waters’ upcoming album of the same name, also coming soon.
Listen to More: Wade Waters
Written by Jon Garcia on 02/6/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speak On It" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.