In honor of Black History Month, DMV duo Wade Waters have decided to give listeners a much needed reality check. A Post Racial America (Part 1) is about dispelling the notion of just that - the impression that the election of President Obama has erased our nation’s racist thoughts and beliefs. The optimistic production, provided by GMJ, is juxtaposed by Waters’ emcees Soulstice and Haysoos descriptive lyrics about our society’s problems, “The border looks like a Nazi camp/ They still murder blacks, ask Oscar Grant / How can I be confident? / When the NAACP is incompetent / They blame Mexicans for trafficking intoxicants/ In Arizona they gon’ ask for your documents.” With every bass thump and the bars laid by Waters that accompany it, the listener becomes more and more inspired as the song truly sheds some much needed light. Bravo, gentlemen, bravo indeed. Be sure to check out Pt. 2 of A Post Racial America, due to drop on Wednesday, as well as Wade Waters’ upcoming album of the same name, also coming soon.
Written by Jon Garcia on 02/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speak On It" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.