Though natural disasters never fail to elicit an initial outpouring of support, the aftereffects of such events far outlast our national attention span. Case in point: the devastation and poverty that still plague New Orleans five years after Hurricane Katrina. Shocked by what he saw during a recent tour of the Lower Ninth Ward, DMV duo Wade Waters issue a much-needed call to action on Do Something, their first feature since 2006’s Speak on It. Making its world premiere here in the Booth, this new promo single finds beatsmith GMJ serving up a mournful, chopped-soul-sample backdrop for SoulStice and Haysoos’ heartfelt, hard-hitting rhymes. After touching upon everything from the desperate need for infrastructure to the impact of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill on the area’s already struggling inhabitants, the emcees deliver a stirring appeal to conscience: “Don’t watch, do – what if that was you?” Inspired to, well, Do Something? This cut will soon be available for digital purchase, with proceeds going to Brad Pitt’s Make It Right Foundation. But there’s plenty to do in the meantime – visit the organization’s official website to learn more!
Written by richard on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speak On It" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.