Though natural disasters never fail to elicit an initial outpouring of support, the aftereffects of such events far outlast our national attention span. Case in point: the devastation and poverty that still plague New Orleans five years after Hurricane Katrina. Shocked by what he saw during a recent tour of the Lower Ninth Ward, DMV duo Wade Waters issue a much-needed call to action on Do Something, their first feature since 2006’s Speak on It. Making its world premiere here in the Booth, this new promo single finds beatsmith GMJ serving up a mournful, chopped-soul-sample backdrop for SoulStice and Haysoos’ heartfelt, hard-hitting rhymes. After touching upon everything from the desperate need for infrastructure to the impact of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill on the area’s already struggling inhabitants, the emcees deliver a stirring appeal to conscience: “Don’t watch, do – what if that was you?” Inspired to, well, Do Something? This cut will soon be available for digital purchase, with proceeds going to Brad Pitt’s Make It Right Foundation. But there’s plenty to do in the meantime – visit the organization’s official website to learn more!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speak On It" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.