Absent from the Booth since September of 2011, when she made her debut with the Chiddy Bang-assisted Children, UK pop songstress VV Brown makes her long-awaited return with a fresh single off her forthcoming junior set. In stark contrast to the aforementioned joint’s catchy, but juvenile vibe, The Apple is unquestionably the work of a grown-ass woman. Over a Pascal Gabrial and Dave Okumu-coproduced beat that harks back to the colder, more forbidding side of ‘80’s synth-pop, the YOY Records signee showcases her powerful pipes as she gives a presumptuous man a piece of her mind. Intrigued by the new, edgier VV Brown? Then watch our pages for further news and tunes leading up to the fall arrival of her latest full-length, Samson & Delilah.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.