Absent from the Booth since September of 2011, when she made her debut with the Chiddy Bang-assisted Children, UK pop songstress VV Brown makes her long-awaited return with a fresh single off her forthcoming junior set. In stark contrast to the aforementioned joint’s catchy, but juvenile vibe, The Apple is unquestionably the work of a grown-ass woman. Over a Pascal Gabrial and Dave Okumu-coproduced beat that harks back to the colder, more forbidding side of ‘80’s synth-pop, the YOY Records signee showcases her powerful pipes as she gives a presumptuous man a piece of her mind. Intrigued by the new, edgier VV Brown? Then watch our pages for further news and tunes leading up to the fall arrival of her latest full-length, Samson & Delilah.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.