Absent from the Booth since September of 2011, when she made her debut with the Chiddy Bang-assisted Children, UK pop songstress VV Brown makes her long-awaited return with a fresh single off her forthcoming junior set. In stark contrast to the aforementioned joint’s catchy, but juvenile vibe, The Apple is unquestionably the work of a grown-ass woman. Over a Pascal Gabrial and Dave Okumu-coproduced beat that harks back to the colder, more forbidding side of ‘80’s synth-pop, the YOY Records signee showcases her powerful pipes as she gives a presumptuous man a piece of her mind. Intrigued by the new, edgier VV Brown? Then watch our pages for further news and tunes leading up to the fall arrival of her latest full-length, Samson & Delilah.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.