The beat dropped and I immediately felt like I was in a smoked-filled jazz club with a glass of Henny in one hand and a cigar in the other, with my head nodding along to the rhythm. “Think different, then you’re slow like Escargot.” In his Booth debut, Miami representer Vurn delivers up a smooth jazz-infused track from his recently released project, Elevation. What you get from Vurn, outside of great production on the Nuri beat, is some tight lyricism. And both the exceptional production and wordplay carries throughout his entire project, with Escargot serving as one of the many stand-out cuts. Sit back and enjoy Vurn, “straight cane no equal.”
Written by ThroatChopU on 06/1/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.