As those who have been paying attention to the Booth lately already know, hard-to-define crew Vonnegutt have been prepping to release their paradoxically titled $Free.99 project for a little while now (see previous release Find Your Love), and now that the big day has finally arrived they’re celebrating with new single What a Job. And if you haven’t been paying attention, consider this a dose of musical Riddlin. Produced by the headliners themselves along with frequent beat making partner Simon Illa, What a Job rides along on a characteristically rock driven foundation, rolling on a rhythm guitar line and live percussion. It’s the perfect backdrop for Vonnegutt frontman Kyle Lucas, along with rhyme compatriots Cutty Cartel, Aleon Craft and STS, to let us know just how much they love their no-so-ordinary professions. From top to bottom this is the work of some fearlessly unique artists – now it’s our job to give them some feedback in the comments below. Those digging What a Job’s feel good vibe will find plenty more to love on $Free.99, available right now via www.vonnegutt.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)