As those who have been paying attention to the Booth lately already know, hard-to-define crew Vonnegutt have been prepping to release their paradoxically titled $Free.99 project for a little while now (see previous release Find Your Love), and now that the big day has finally arrived they’re celebrating with new single What a Job. And if you haven’t been paying attention, consider this a dose of musical Riddlin. Produced by the headliners themselves along with frequent beat making partner Simon Illa, What a Job rides along on a characteristically rock driven foundation, rolling on a rhythm guitar line and live percussion. It’s the perfect backdrop for Vonnegutt frontman Kyle Lucas, along with rhyme compatriots Cutty Cartel, Aleon Craft and STS, to let us know just how much they love their no-so-ordinary professions. From top to bottom this is the work of some fearlessly unique artists – now it’s our job to give them some feedback in the comments below. Those digging What a Job’s feel good vibe will find plenty more to love on $Free.99, available right now via www.vonnegutt.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.