As those who have been paying attention to the Booth lately already know, hard-to-define crew Vonnegutt have been prepping to release their paradoxically titled $Free.99 project for a little while now (see previous release Find Your Love), and now that the big day has finally arrived they’re celebrating with new single What a Job. And if you haven’t been paying attention, consider this a dose of musical Riddlin. Produced by the headliners themselves along with frequent beat making partner Simon Illa, What a Job rides along on a characteristically rock driven foundation, rolling on a rhythm guitar line and live percussion. It’s the perfect backdrop for Vonnegutt frontman Kyle Lucas, along with rhyme compatriots Cutty Cartel, Aleon Craft and STS, to let us know just how much they love their no-so-ordinary professions. From top to bottom this is the work of some fearlessly unique artists – now it’s our job to give them some feedback in the comments below. Those digging What a Job’s feel good vibe will find plenty more to love on $Free.99, available right now via www.vonnegutt.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.