As those who have been paying attention to the Booth lately already know, hard-to-define crew Vonnegutt have been prepping to release their paradoxically titled $Free.99 project for a little while now (see previous release Find Your Love), and now that the big day has finally arrived they’re celebrating with new single What a Job. And if you haven’t been paying attention, consider this a dose of musical Riddlin. Produced by the headliners themselves along with frequent beat making partner Simon Illa, What a Job rides along on a characteristically rock driven foundation, rolling on a rhythm guitar line and live percussion. It’s the perfect backdrop for Vonnegutt frontman Kyle Lucas, along with rhyme compatriots Cutty Cartel, Aleon Craft and STS, to let us know just how much they love their no-so-ordinary professions. From top to bottom this is the work of some fearlessly unique artists – now it’s our job to give them some feedback in the comments below. Those digging What a Job’s feel good vibe will find plenty more to love on $Free.99, available right now via www.vonnegutt.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)