As those who have been paying attention to the Booth lately already know, hard-to-define crew Vonnegutt have been prepping to release their paradoxically titled $Free.99 project for a little while now (see previous release Find Your Love), and now that the big day has finally arrived they’re celebrating with new single What a Job. And if you haven’t been paying attention, consider this a dose of musical Riddlin. Produced by the headliners themselves along with frequent beat making partner Simon Illa, What a Job rides along on a characteristically rock driven foundation, rolling on a rhythm guitar line and live percussion. It’s the perfect backdrop for Vonnegutt frontman Kyle Lucas, along with rhyme compatriots Cutty Cartel, Aleon Craft and STS, to let us know just how much they love their no-so-ordinary professions. From top to bottom this is the work of some fearlessly unique artists – now it’s our job to give them some feedback in the comments below. Those digging What a Job’s feel good vibe will find plenty more to love on $Free.99, available right now via www.vonnegutt.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.