Hip-hop bands can be musical artistry or just a straight up hot mess. Our readers know we don’t even bother with the latter, so we (like, totally dude) won’t plague your ears with any Shop Boyz this week. Instead, we will focus on a band that offers a fresh take on the hip-hop industry. Vonnegutt, the project of front man Kyle Lucas (a Freestyle Series Alum) and guitarist Neil Garrard has been gaining momentum in the South and is continuing to break out into the wider world with their latest single, Going Home. Lucas lays down consistent originality on the bars while the band pushes forward with a more pop focus this time around, lacing upbeat drums and guitar riffs with a nice production background from Simon Illa. The Dungeon Family has definitely found a new creative outlet for their associates, and it seems like only a matter of time before the rest of hip-hop nation catches on. If you liked this catchy medley, be sure to keep a lookout for Free .99, their upcoming album dropping December 30.
Written by Sigurd on 11/14/10
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)