Hip-hop bands can be musical artistry or just a straight up hot mess. Our readers know we don’t even bother with the latter, so we (like, totally dude) won’t plague your ears with any Shop Boyz this week. Instead, we will focus on a band that offers a fresh take on the hip-hop industry. Vonnegutt, the project of front man Kyle Lucas (a Freestyle Series Alum) and guitarist Neil Garrard has been gaining momentum in the South and is continuing to break out into the wider world with their latest single, Going Home. Lucas lays down consistent originality on the bars while the band pushes forward with a more pop focus this time around, lacing upbeat drums and guitar riffs with a nice production background from Simon Illa. The Dungeon Family has definitely found a new creative outlet for their associates, and it seems like only a matter of time before the rest of hip-hop nation catches on. If you liked this catchy medley, be sure to keep a lookout for Free .99, their upcoming album dropping December 30.
Written by Sigurd on 11/14/10
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.