Hip-hop bands can be musical artistry or just a straight up hot mess. Our readers know we don’t even bother with the latter, so we (like, totally dude) won’t plague your ears with any Shop Boyz this week. Instead, we will focus on a band that offers a fresh take on the hip-hop industry. Vonnegutt, the project of front man Kyle Lucas (a Freestyle Series Alum) and guitarist Neil Garrard has been gaining momentum in the South and is continuing to break out into the wider world with their latest single, Going Home. Lucas lays down consistent originality on the bars while the band pushes forward with a more pop focus this time around, lacing upbeat drums and guitar riffs with a nice production background from Simon Illa. The Dungeon Family has definitely found a new creative outlet for their associates, and it seems like only a matter of time before the rest of hip-hop nation catches on. If you liked this catchy medley, be sure to keep a lookout for Free .99, their upcoming album dropping December 30.
Written by Sigurd on 11/14/10
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.