Ah, the age old freestyle remix, when an artist essentially declares to the world “I can’t afford to buy original production and can’t come up with original ideas, so I’ll just go in over whatever’s hot right now.” Wait, what’s that? That’s not what Vonnegutt’s doing at all on their new release Find Your Love? I I should have known, the men of Vonnegutt are nothing If not original. While fans will undoubtedly recognize the core of the record as belonging to Drake, the beat gets a complete live instrument overhaul crafted by the headliners and producer Simon Illa. Behind the mic Drizzy’s plaintive crooning are replaced by Will Pugh (of Cartel) and the always eclectic Outasight, along with rhymes, of course, from Vonnegut frontman Kyle Lucas. It’s a fresh take on an old concept, but how does it compare to the original? That’s a question only you can answer DJBooth Nation, get at it in the comments below. For more hip-hop meets r&B meets punk meets whatever else Vonnegutt feels like throwing in the mix be sure to check out their upcoming $Free.99 Mixtape, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/20/11
Submit your Rating
AVJ Records/Purple Ribbon
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow Us" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)