“It’s funny how Things Have Changed, yet everything stays the same.” That seeming paradox is an apt description for the collaborative work of Von Pea and Aeon, in which throwback beats exist in harmony with contemporary themes. The latest song release off the duo’s forthcoming collaborative album is something of a musical mission statement, with Aeon serving up a blissfully mellow, keyboard-driven beat as his Tanya Morgan-affiliated colleague pledges always to stay true to his idiosyncratic style: “All my sh*t is gonna sound like me till infinity / If you aren’t into it, that’s cool—stop listening.” If you do like what you’re hearing, on the other hand, keep it locked for the latest song releases leading up Duly Noted‘s March 26, release via HiPNOTT Records, at which point it will also be available for sale and streaming in The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Von Pea’s self-directed Things Have Changed visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something to Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.