“It’s funny how Things Have Changed, yet everything stays the same.” That seeming paradox is an apt description for the collaborative work of Von Pea and Aeon, in which throwback beats exist in harmony with contemporary themes. The latest song release off the duo’s forthcoming collaborative album is something of a musical mission statement, with Aeon serving up a blissfully mellow, keyboard-driven beat as his Tanya Morgan-affiliated colleague pledges always to stay true to his idiosyncratic style: “All my sh*t is gonna sound like me till infinity / If you aren’t into it, that’s cool—stop listening.” If you do like what you’re hearing, on the other hand, keep it locked for the latest song releases leading up Duly Noted‘s March 26, release via HiPNOTT Records, at which point it will also be available for sale and streaming in The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Von Pea’s self-directed Things Have Changed visual.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something to Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.