“It’s funny how Things Have Changed, yet everything stays the same.” That seeming paradox is an apt description for the collaborative work of Von Pea and Aeon, in which throwback beats exist in harmony with contemporary themes. The latest song release off the duo’s forthcoming collaborative album is something of a musical mission statement, with Aeon serving up a blissfully mellow, keyboard-driven beat as his Tanya Morgan-affiliated colleague pledges always to stay true to his idiosyncratic style: “All my sh*t is gonna sound like me till infinity / If you aren’t into it, that’s cool—stop listening.” If you do like what you’re hearing, on the other hand, keep it locked for the latest song releases leading up Duly Noted‘s March 26, release via HiPNOTT Records, at which point it will also be available for sale and streaming in The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Von Pea’s self-directed Things Have Changed visual.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something to Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.