“It’s funny how Things Have Changed, yet everything stays the same.” That seeming paradox is an apt description for the collaborative work of Von Pea and Aeon, in which throwback beats exist in harmony with contemporary themes. The latest song release off the duo’s forthcoming collaborative album is something of a musical mission statement, with Aeon serving up a blissfully mellow, keyboard-driven beat as his Tanya Morgan-affiliated colleague pledges always to stay true to his idiosyncratic style: “All my sh*t is gonna sound like me till infinity / If you aren’t into it, that’s cool—stop listening.” If you do like what you’re hearing, on the other hand, keep it locked for the latest song releases leading up Duly Noted‘s March 26, release via HiPNOTT Records, at which point it will also be available for sale and streaming in The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Von Pea’s self-directed Things Have Changed visual.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
In August 2012, Tanya Morgan emcee Von Pea was sitting in L.A. with new creative energy and nowhere to put it. Listening to a beat tape Tanya Morgan in-house producer Aeon gave him, Von began writing on his flight back to New...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something to Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)