It’s common knowledge that, once you make it out of school and into the “real world,” all your doubts and insecurities disappear in a puff of smoke and you suddenly realize exactly what you need to be doing with your life… Nah, I’m just pulling your leg. The truth is usually much closer to the scenario described in Something to Do, the first solo feature from Tanya Morgan emcee Von Pea, On this newly-leaked cut, the Brooklyn native paints a vivid lyrical portrait of life as a twentysomething in the 2010s, constantly struggling to balance a time-consuming job with his higher ambitions (as well as the nagging urge to just pack up and skip town). Heavy stuff – good thing it’s backed by one of the most blissfully mellow beats I’ve heard in a minute. Eccentrically-named producer brandUn DeShay flips Luiz Eça y la Familia Sargrada’s rendition of Brazilian standard Pais Tropical into a breezy backdrop for Von Pea’s introspective rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from on Pea’s So Motivational! mixtape, available now online.
Listen to More: Von Pea Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Yorker" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.