Things Have Changed, single numero uno off Von Pea‘s next solo set, found the Tanya Morgan member expressing satisfaction with himself and his place in the hip-hop game. On the follow-up, he continues to speak to the theme of self-sufficiency, reminding us that being Alone on the mic doesn’t necessarily equate to being lonely. Project collaborator Aeon‘s low-key sample work backs the B.K. native as he makes clear that he does it for the love, not for fame (“If you a fan, I ain’t worried bout who isn’t.”) or currency (“...phone bill unpaid / Blackberry full of rhymes though—touché.). Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this laid-back banger and plenty more where it came from on Duly Noted, set to hit The DJBooth March 26, for streaming and purchase. Also, keep it locked for the latest on Tanya Morgan’s Rubber Souls LP, due out sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something to Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.