True love can feel like a salvation, a cure for all that ills you. But a failed love? Failed love can feel like a Villian swept into your life and tore apart all your best plans. For his brand new video Jersey emcee/producer Voli gets seriously dark, telling the tale of a relationship that’s part love, part lust and all pain over a self-produced beat that combines more elements than I could possibly describe here. Damn, here’s to hoping Voli finds a light at the end of this dark tunnel. A follow-up to his DJBooth hosted album In the Meanwhile, Villian can be found on Voli’s recently released The Wall Sampler, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.