True love can feel like a salvation, a cure for all that ills you. But a failed love? Failed love can feel like a Villian swept into your life and tore apart all your best plans. For his brand new video Jersey emcee/producer Voli gets seriously dark, telling the tale of a relationship that’s part love, part lust and all pain over a self-produced beat that combines more elements than I could possibly describe here. Damn, here’s to hoping Voli finds a light at the end of this dark tunnel. A follow-up to his DJBooth hosted album In the Meanwhile, Villian can be found on Voli’s recently released The Wall Sampler, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.